Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Walter Williams: Up From the Projects Documentary PBS 2013



Update: After the passing of Walter Williams in 2020 I wrote a tribute to him

I was excited to learn that Dr. Walter E. Williams is now working on a PBS documentary with his daughter Devyn Williams that should air in the Spring of 2013 that is based off his autobiography "Up From The Projects" available now at Amazon.com or better bookstores everywhere. Dr. Williams has been a hero of mine who inspired me to write this blog and my title pushing back the frontiers of ignorance is based off a phrase he likes to use when he hosts on the Rush Limbaugh show. This year was his 20 year anniversary of guest hosting the Rush Limbaugh show and I wish there were audio tapes available for sale of all of them. Anyways I can't wait to see the documentary. Since the documentary is based on his life he will travel back to Philadelphia to talk about how he grew up and how the past made him the man he is today. Maybe in the future I will sponsor a charity that will donate his autobiography to inner city schools and make it required reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment