Friday, October 30, 2009

Most Underappreciated Man in Music

Most of my music tastes are from the 1980's. The 80's were known for big hair, synthesizers, and MTV. During this time a artist named Richard Marx made in debut in the late 1987. He did had hits such as "Right Here Waiting", "Hold On To The Nights", “Endless Summer Nights”, and "Angelia". I recently was looking to see what he has done since the 1980's and found a few songs that he has done. He had a new album Emotional Remains which was not bad. My favorite song is "Through My Veins". When listening to these old recordings it seems clear that the music stills holds the test of time. Marx has sold over 30 million records. What really people don't know about Marx is how many songs he has written for other people. In 1999, he wrote "This I Promise You" for N*Sync and won a Grammy for "Dance My Father" with the late Luther Vandross. Clearly this singer-songwriter has talent. Although, I would argue most of his talent is from his songwriting/producing. My question how does he look so young?





No comments:

Post a Comment