Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bill Koch Counterfeit Wine, Sailing, and Book



Bill Koch apparently keeps himself in the news. On Friday November 9, 2012 Inside Edition aired a story that actually featured Koch discussing counterfeit wine as I mentioned in this post. Koch told Inside Edition that he has spent over $4.6 million on fake wine. Even Koch admits that there will not be much sympathy for a billionaire.


In other news Bill Koch has also contributed $500,000 for a sailing exhibition at San Diego Halls of Champions in San Diego (it has been around 20 years since this happened). The exhibition will be available to the public. I have actually started a book about Bill Koch called “To The Third Power”. I have started the book and learned even more about Bill Koch then I did before. For instance Bill Koch graduated in the top 10% at M.I.T.. The book is really about how Koch guided his team to win the American Cup in 1992. I would point out that it was not a cheap one but it seems so far there are some lessons to be learned from a management perspective. I continue to learn more about Bill Koch and find him a very interesting character.

No comments:

Post a Comment