Sunday, January 2, 2011

TCU Champs!

I am so proud of my alma matta winning the Rose Bowl. I would have been proud even if they had not won but I think TCU shows the remarkable story of how a small private school in Fort Worth, Texas that no hardly anyone knew 10 years ago stepped up and showed everyone what they were made of. I give Gary Patterson a lot of credit for changing the program to what it is today. Patterson started out as a defensive cordinator and it shows with TCU's defense usually being the best in the country. Andy Dalton (Katy, Texas native) has been dazzling on the field as well and a pleasure to watch now and when I was a student at TCU. Dalton has grown as a quarterback from last year's loss to Boise State where he looked like a dear in the headlights. Jeremy Kerley also is fun to watch since he can recieve, run, and even a couple of times play quarterback. The only problem I see is that no TCU team will ever be as great as the 2010 Horn Frogs. All good things must come to an end. However, I am proud and so glad to see TCU put itself on the map which this victory for not only TCU but the Fort Worth community. As a student, I remember going to nearly all the games (after studying all day) and how the stadium wasn't always full even when TCU was ranked. A shift seemed to change year after year with more people going to games once people saw how well the team was playing. TCU students at least would talk about what parties they were going to or what they were doing this weekend while at the game. Next season I would imagine TCU sells out all its home games (and perhaps raises ticket prices in the process). Although, my time at TCU was probably the best four years of my life this win makes those four years seem a bit more magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment