Sunday, November 15, 2009

What's Going on With TCU?

TCU has seemed to have an incredible season thus far. With a record of 10-0 TCU is currently ranked number 4 in the BCS and the AP Poll. This is exciting news not only for the football team but the TCU community. Attending TCU from 2005-2009 I noticed a new shift in the football tradition at TCU. Starting my freshman year TCU has consistently won and been bowl eligible every year. I give credit to coach Gary Patterson who turned the football program from a second rate team to a nationally recognized team. This is not only exciting for TCU fans but the TCU community. I hope the recent success will draw more attention to the school and academics instead of simply being known as a "football factory". TCU is always ranked within the top 100 schools in the U.S. News and World Report and has an outstanding business program (I should know I graduated from it). The thing I miss about TCU is the small classes and getting to know professors. At larger schools this simply doesn't happen. For instance, a school might have Nobel Prize winning professors but good luck trying to get office hours with them. Hopefully, TCU will win its last two games and be eligible for a BCS bowl. I can truly say I am proud to be a Horn Frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment